Sunday 22 February 2015

Vanilla Butterfly Cakes

Hello there! Today's post (like I mentioned yesterday) is going to be about my cakes I made today. However, unlike last time I am going to write the recipe up for you as these cakes are not just basic cupcakes. Lets get going...
 
Vanilla Butterfly Cakes
 
                                                                               
Ingredients                                                                                For The Filling
 
 
175g/6oz/3/4 cup butter, softened                                      75g/3oz/6 tbsp butter, softened
175g/6oz/3/4 cup caster (superfine) sugar                         175g/6oz/1 1/2 cups icing (confectioners')
5ml/1 tps vanilla extract                                                     sugar, double sifted, plus extra for dusting
4 eggs, lightly beaten                                                         1/2 vanilla pod (bean), split, or a few drops
175g/6oz/1 1/2 cups self-raising                                        of vanilla extract
(self-rising) flour, sifted 
 
 
 
1. Preheat the oven to 180.C/350.F/Gas 4. Line 8-9 cups of a bun tin (pan) with paper cases.
 
 
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add the vanilla. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Add the sifted flour and fold into the mixture until just combined.
 
 
3. Divide the mixture among the paper cases and bake for 20 minutes until the cakes are golden brown and the centres feel firm to the touch. Remove from the oven. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
 
 
4. To make the butter cream filling, beat the butter and icing sugar together until smooth. Add a few drops of vanilla extract.
 
 
5. When the cakes have cooled, carefully cut round the lightly domed tops with a small sharp knife and remove the top of each cake. Slice the tops in half to form two semi-circles, to make the butterfly wings. Set aside.
 
 
6. Use a piping (icing) bag with a star nozzle to pipe a whirl of butter cream into each cake. Press the wings into the cream and dust with sifted icing sugar.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Okay.That's the recipe that I read from, so hopefully you can now make these Vanilla Butterfly Cakes all by your self! :) <3
 
If you don't have a piping bag, you can just carefully spoon the cream onto the cake instead. That's what I did and it worked considerably well! However make sure you don't put too much cream onto the cake as that can make them quite sickly, which is never nice!
 
Here are some baking pictures I took, I am quite proud of the way my cakes turned out, how ever I know now that I should of sifted the icing sugar when I was dusting my cakes. As you can probably see!
 
 
 
 
Mmmmmm... Don't these look good! Hopefully this post has inspired you to take your cooking ingredients out from the back of the cupboard to make these! Their super easy and super tasty so I definitely recommend you to have a go.
 
Once again, thanks for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it and I hope it didn't make you too hungry!
 
 
 
 
LittlePeaches        x


1 comment: